- This event has passed.
September 18 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Interested in learning how honey gets from hive to jar? This online class will include videos of the honey extraction process so you know how to do it at home. You’ll learn:
- 3 ways to remove honey from the hive
- How to expel the honey by uncapping the frames and hand spinning them in an extractor
- What times of year to harvest honey
- How to filter the beeswax
- What to do with your frames afterwards
There is an uneven supply of food in August & September, and your bees can eat some of their honey during times of food shortage in the environment. This class is timed so you wait till the end of September to harvest extra honey in the hive as part of shrinking down the hive for winter.
You will receive video and audio recordings of the class.
Instructor: Jennifer Radtke has been keeping bees in her backyard for 16+ years, and has developed the beekeeping education program at the Oasis.
|Sign up for one (or all!) of our emails newsletters, depending on your interests!|