Next Gen Mites – Beyond the Basics (Beekeeping)
January 9, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$30.00
You feel comfortable doing the sugar roll test and using Mite Away/Formic Pro, but now you’re ready to absorb more. This class aims to answer a lot of questions I regularly get from people about mite levels and which organic treatments to use. In this class we’ll cover:
- All mite counts aren’t equal – when is it critical to treat ASAP
- Ensuring your sugar roll is accurate
- What studies show on robbing and drift between hives & how that applies to the East Bay
- Broodless periods
- Using Mite Away/Formic Pro on hives with less than 6 frames of brood
- The promise of oxalic acid glycerin
- How to make sure the treatments you do work
In addition, I’ll share data about mite levels and treatments in the East Bay over the last few years.
Video & audio recordings will be sent out after class.
Instructor: Jennifer Radtke has been keeping bees in her backyard for 13 years, and has developed the beekeeping education program at the BioFuel Oasis.
|Sign up for one (or all!) of our emails newsletters, depending on your interests!|