Sunday 3-Part Series: Honey Bee Biology: The Magic of the Hive Explained
January 10, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$80.00
This is a 3-Part series from 6-8pm on these three Sundays: Jan. 10th, Jan. 17th, & Jan. 24th.
Many people get into beekeeping because of a fascination with bees. Bees have intricate communication systems, respond quickly to changes in the environment, and even are mathematicians that understand the concept of zero!
Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- bee anatomy & bee nest ecology
- how they evaluate and decide between different food sources
- worker bee sequence of jobs
- the pollen economy in the hive
- how the hive responds to changes in the environment
- pheromones and other communication in the hive
There will be interactive time interspersed so we can discuss how to apply the knowledge to the taking care of our hives.
Instructor: Jennifer Radtke has been keeping bees in her backyard for 13 years, and has developed the beekeeping education program at the BioFuel Oasis.
|Sign up for one (or all!) of our emails newsletters, depending on your interests!|